A collection of diverse simple tools for a preliminary assessment of coastal problems and solutions in coastal areas. Each tool is illustrated by short tutorials, describing relevant formulas and practical application examples.
Giardino, A., van Rijn, L., Quataert, E., Warren, A., Jeuken, A., Nederhoff, K., Desramaut, N, 2017. SimpleCoast: Simple Assessments of Coastal Problems and Solutions. Proceedings of the Medcoast 17 Conference, 137-148, Malta.
- TutorialsTools for a preliminary assessment of coastal problems and solutions.
- 1. Dynamic adaptive policy pathwaysStep-by-step guide in using the DAPP approach.
- 2. FloodingCalculating flood levels for selected extreme conditions.
- 3. Wave ParametersCalculation of typical wave characteristics.
- 4. Sediment ParametersCalculation of typical sediment characteristics.
- 5. Beach NourismentCalculating the lifetime of a beach nourishment.
- 6. ArmourCalculating armour sizes for seadikes, revetments, breakwaters and toe protections.
- 7. LittoralCalculating the longshore transport and dune erosion.
- 8. Dune and beach erosionCalculating the dune and beach erosion during storms.
- 9. River flow and sand transportCompute the flow discharge and sand transport in a river.
- 10. Wave modelsComputing wave propagation using two simple models.
- 11. VegetationComputing the impact of vegetation on wave propagation using two simple models.