17 May 2016 Understanding Risks Forum (Venice)
Dealing with Coastal Risks in Small Island States – training session.
Attendance list: participants from governmental bodies from all different SIDS.
- General presentation on SimpleCoast: project, website, tools and knowledge notes
- Serious game session: “Adaptive coastal management for small islands”
- Assessment of flooding on low-elevation reef-lined coasts
- Storm surge modeling for small islands
- SimpleCoast: where are we heading to?
12-16 February 2016 Coastal Protection and Adaptive Coastal Management (São Tomé and Príncipe)
Attendance list: participants from main governmental bodies from São Tomé and Príncipe.
- General theory on coastal processes with examples from Sao Tome
- Field work and data collection (Praia Melão)
- Data analysis
- Numerical modeling by mean of simple tools
- Serious game session: “adaptive coastal management in small islands”
- Project presentations (in groups)